Special Olympics recognises the importance of family support to our athletes and strives to involve families, extended families and care providers of Special Olympics athletes to participate and share in the joys of the Special Olympics programme.
The aims of the Family Support Programme are to:
- Encourage family members to become involved in the life of their athlete
- Support their athlete in training and competition
- Become advocates for the Special Olympics movement
- Encourage new families who can benefit from Special Olympics to join
- Ensure family members are kept fully informed about Special Olympics